Forum Alykon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday For us

+4
big tony
toadmont
makavelli
Shortie
8 posters

Go down

Holiday For us Empty Holiday For us

Post  Shortie Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:29 pm

Jules and I are thinking about taking a holiday during our winter break. we haven't gone away for a holiday in 4 years, but being here is like a sort of holiday I suppose.
I like the sunshine and would like time to relax, but we can't make our minds up about what sort of holiday to take. Maybe a sunshine break or a sightseeing holiday.
Any suggestions?
Shortie
Shortie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Holiday For us Empty Re: Holiday For us

Post  makavelli Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:36 pm

We are toying with egypt or the canaries, or maybe the dominican republic - we just want to come back with a tan and to come back weighing a bit more than when we left. We are looking five star all inclusive, but only want to spend about £1500

i'd be interested to hear some suggestion aswell.

Thanks,

Jamie.
makavelli
makavelli

http://wce.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  toadmont Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:04 pm

There a few 5 star on first choice to canaries that are coming in under your budget

Shortie go for a relaxing sun holiday you deserve it both of u

toadmont

Back to top Go down

Post  big tony Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:42 pm

We're off to Goa again this Xmas/New Year, just loved our first trip over there last year. Bit of a longer journey but the other end is well worth it !!!!
big tony
big tony

Back to top Go down

Post  big tony Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:44 pm

Anyone wanting any info for a Winter holiday in G. Canaria, several of us on here will only be happy to help !!!!
big tony
big tony

Back to top Go down

Post  toadmont Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:21 am

Hi i would like you to take you up on that offer as i have a two year old and a one year old and am looking at the canaries at the moment but not sure where really

I would like quite ish accomadation

Cheers Hayley

toadmont

Back to top Go down

Post  tonybax Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:21 am

back to lanzarote for xmas for me same as last few years.
costa reguise luv the place Very Happy

tonybax

Back to top Go down

Post  arthurh Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:55 am

OK Shortie, I have got a suggestion for a break for you and Jules which is a little out of the ordinary. I did it in 1988 after a Summer in Greece, and it was the best experience. If I was in your position and had no break for 4 years after setting up a successful business - (the first 4 years are the hardest and you can now reap the benefits). Next year will be hectic, so why not take off for a month to a land down under? It is Spring in Oz, and starting to get hot! You could spend Christmas day cooking a shortie burger on a barbie on Bondi Beach! Swimming with dolphins in Monkey Mia. Climbing Ularu (Ayers Rock). There are huge Greek contingents in all the major cities, and if you talk to your Greek friends they are bound to have relatives out there. 'ave a go mate, and say G'day to Oz sunny

arthurh

Back to top Go down

Post  big tony Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:34 pm

toadmont wrote:Hi i would like you to take you up on that offer as i have a two year old and a one year old and am looking at the canaries at the moment but not sure where really

I would like quite ish accomadation

Cheers Hayley
Hi there if it's peace and quiet you're after with a nice beach for your little ones then Puerto Mogan will fit the bill. During the Winter months it's one of the warmest resorts in the South of the island due to it's sheltered location on the S. West of the island. Expect temps on most days at this time of the year to be in the mid 20's C. Over the Xmas/New year period the place will be booked out solid by the large amount of holidaymakers from the Scandic countries escaping their harsh Winter. There will be some good deals about after half term (next week) and before the peak Xmas period. After that post Jan 6th will be the time to start looking again. Cloud and rain can and does occur but it's usually fine and sunny. Here's a link to browse through below. Staying in the North of the island should be avoided as it can be quiete cool and rainy up there on some days in Winter whilst the South basks in warm sunshine !!
http://www.costa-mogan.com/
big tony
big tony

Back to top Go down

Post  makavelli Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:46 pm

toadmont wrote:There a few 5 star on first choice to canaries that are coming in under your budget

Shortie go for a relaxing sun holiday you deserve it both of u

Thanks Toadmont - I'll give First Choice a look.
makavelli
makavelli

http://wce.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  big rab Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Shortie wrote:Jules and I are thinking about taking a holiday during our winter break. we haven't gone away for a holiday in 4 years, but being here is like a sort of holiday I suppose.
I like the sunshine and would like time to relax, but we can't make our minds up about what sort of holiday to take. Maybe a sunshine break or a sightseeing holiday.
Any suggestions?

would suggest something like a visit to austria even switzerland on a skiing holiday make a change to get away from the hot sunny climates for a change of scenery all that snow and ice is just amazing on the mountains and some of those pics would look great on your site.

Holiday For us Chalet-snow

big rab

Back to top Go down

Post  pd Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:37 pm

We're taking the Kids to Loch Lomond for a few days this xmas holiday , i hope it snows.
pd
pd

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:56 pm

So far so good. I have read all. Arthur I think maybe Oz for a month is out of our budget range at the mo, but love the thought of it. Rab!! Nowhere cold, Jules has a tog 15 quilt in the height of the season here!! no chance of me taking her anywhere cold, although I must say, she want to so an antaartic cruise thingy she saw on the telly, oh!! and that ice hotel thing!! My life wouyld be a misery.
5 star in the Canaries is the closest yet, but done it too many times now. we're looking at Goa with Big T and Chris, but we have 2 problems, we don't know if Andy will be back from the UK in time to look after the dog and things and the visa thingy is a right issue from here. well see.
Shortie
Shortie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  arthurh Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:12 am

Another idea. Phuket. Laughing

arthurh

Back to top Go down

Post  toadmont Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:28 pm

Go to lapland and see father xmas shortie................. I cant wait till kids are older enough to do that lol!!!!

Thank you for the advice on the canaries i will look into it tonight, am a little worse for wear this morning lol!

Thanks again Hayley Smile

toadmont

Back to top Go down

Post  Shortie Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:20 pm

toadmont wrote:Go to lapland and see father xmas shortie................. I cant wait till kids are older enough to do that lol!!!!

Thank you for the advice on the canaries i will look into it tonight, am a little worse for wear this morning lol!

Thanks again Hayley Smile
I used to be an Elf Hayley, so Been there, done that!! lol Laughing
Shortie
Shortie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  toadmont Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:27 am

Ha Shortie, i knew id seen you somewhere b4!!!

Im a big kid i cant wait to go and to florida to have breakfast with Mickey Mouse!!!

My god im 26 i need to get out more ha Very Happy Very Happy

toadmont

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down